10 Best Anti-Aging Tips
There’s a lot of anti-aging tips out there in the world. Especially because no one wants wrinkles, and no one is excited to have the signs of aging surface on their body. Here’s the best anti-aging tips we know on hair, makeup, and skin to keep you looking like you just took a drink from the fountain of youth.
- SPF or sunscreen every single day is important. Dermatologists everywhere will agree to this. When you’re looking for a new sunblock, make sure to purchase one with zinc oxide because it covers broad-spectrum rays. You’ll also want an SPF of at least 30 to be safe. Protecting yourself from sun damage is crucial in keeping your skin from aging quickly.
- Are you noticing sun spots? Dark spots from sun exposure tend to surface in your late 20s. When you begin to notice them, it’s important to use a retinoid cream loaded with vitamin C. The combination of vitamins A and C will tackle skin issues like wrinkles, dull skin, enlarged pores, and pigmentation. Vitamin C is the holy grail for evening skin tone and brightening your complexion.
- Undereye bags can be caused by a variety of things. If you notice yours are bad, try to change your diet. Cut down on salt, decrease alcohol consumption, and pay attention to your intake of wheat and dairy. Those foods can cause inflammation of the skin. If the dark circles under your eyes don’t go away when you begin to change your diet, consider eye creams or serums that contain brightening extracts because those shadows? They can be more aging than wrinkles themselves.
- Highlighting isn’t just a makeup trend for younger ladies. Using a highlighter can help make the skin appear taut, and therefore younger. It doesn’t matter whether the highlighting product is cream, liquid, or powder. However, cream or liquid highlighters are a little more hydrating, which is better for mature skin.
- Speaking of dry skin, it’s important to recognize your skin tone and type in order to use the right foundation. Foundation clumps in creases in your face, so if you have fine lines or wrinkles you’ll want to prep your skin properly. Think moisturizer or serum, primer, then foundation. The steps might be frustrating, but creating a smooth and even canvas for your makeup will make you look fresh and younger.
- As we get older, our lips can show signs of aging. To make thinning lips look full and youthful, plump them up with a bit of exfoliation before you apply color. This will help both feathering or bleeding of color onto your skin. But be sure to stay way from darker colors, because they can make your lips look smaller and strangely severe against your skin.
- Take a look at in-office treatments, like facials. Belotero is a hyaluronic acid facial filler that treats the finest of lines. It creats the most natural results of treatments in the same category, which makes it a great option for most women. Women have reported feeling like their skin looks decades younger.
- Find yourself a biotin supplement, and never look back. Biotin is essential to strong hair, so if you notice your hair is thinning or it’s not as strong as you’d like it to be, plump it up and encourage better growth with biotin. If you’re looking for thicker hair, a topical like minoxidil (originally in Rogaine) will help your hair grow. Now, this ingredient is in other products. The brand Keratase is one of the most recent to start introducing minoxidil.
- Pay attention to your color. Blonde washes you out. Sticking close to your natural color as a base is important because adds depth, which gives your overall hair a younger look. Be aware of going too dark, though, because it can highlight every blemish, imperfection, or wrinkle on your skin.
- If you’re heat styling your hair, make sure to nourish it with weekly masks and treatments. Masks or deep conditioners are a great way to reintroduce lost nutrients into your hair. Coconut oil is a very simple way to add radiance to aging hair. All you need to do is apply to dry hair, and let it sit for a half an hour before you hit the shower. Lather up with your regular shampoo to cleanse the oil out of your hair, because the oil will prevent the shampoo from stripping your hair.
What’s your go-to anti-aging solution?